2.12.2011

mocha love brownies

So Valentine's Day is just around the corner, 
and you need a delicious [but easy] idea of what to bake your loved ones.

Your answer:

Mocha Love Brownies
These are so easy, they are practically cheating.
Why? Because I made them with a box mix.
[If you're a purist, you can sub in your fave scratch recipe]


In addition to your usual brownie fixins, you need:
1/2 cup STRONG black coffee
1 cup chocolate chips
and... sprinkles!


I found these adorable sweetheart sprinkles at Williams Sonoma.
They are teeny-tiny and adorable.


Start by brewing your coffee up way stronger than usual.
Let it cool to room temp [so we don't fry the egg!]
Mix up your batter as ususal, subbing in the coffee
where you would normally use water.
Add in half of your chocolate chips and mix into the batter.


Pour into your sprayed pan.
Sprinkle the remainder of the chips on top.


And then... Sprinkle on some love!
[Sorry, I couldn't help myself.]


Bake as directed, usually 40-50 minutes.


Slice and serve to someone you love.


6 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, yes, sprinkles are a definite must! I love the way you think when it comes to making brownies pop. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great brownie idea, we are going to love these. Thanks so much for sharing.
    Happy Valentine's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete